Mystic Stamp Company
Shopping Cart:
Now in your cart 0 items
US STAMPS Online U.S. Stamp Catalog Stamp Albums and Supplies Worldwide Stamps Fleetwood & First Day Covers Selling Your Stamps? Help and Resources Receive Email Newsletter Contact Us

Click this Ad for more Information

next

1981 13c Flag over Independence Hall - Catalog # 1622C

next
Condition:Price:
Mint Stamp(s)
Arrives in 7 to 10 days.
$0.60
Used Stamp(s)
Arrives in 7 to 10 days.
$0.50

 

Condition:Price:
Mint Plate Block of 20
Arrives in 7 to 10 days.
$75.00

Grading Guide
Related Products:
50 Vertical Mounts, Black, Split-back, Pre-cut, 27 x 30 millimeters (1 x 1-3/16 inches)
25 Horizontal Strip Mounts, Black, Split-back, 215 x 30 millimeters (8-7/16 x 1-3/16 inches)

U.S. #1622C
1981 13¢ Flag Over Independence Hall
1975-81 Regular Issue Stamp
 
Printed By: Bureau of Engraving and Printing
Printing Method: Engraved
Perforation: 11 x 10 ¼
Color: Dark blue, red and brown red
 
One of the most famous buildings in Philadelphia, Independence Hall was the scene of many important events in early American history.
 
Independence Hall – the Old State House
Independence Hall, also known as the Old State House, is the most famous building in the historic city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In fact, it can be considered the birthplace of the United States of America, as it has been the stage for many of the most important events in American history. It was constructed between 1732 and 1756, and has been restored several times to preserve its late-18th century appearance and style.
 
The list of historic events that occurred in Independence Hall is amazing. The Second Continental Congress met there in May 1775, and chose George Washington as commander in chief of the Continental Army. On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was signed in the Hall. In 1777, the design of the American Flag was agreed upon in the Hall. The Articles of Confederation were signed there in 1781. The United States Constitution was drafted within Independence Hall, and signed on September 17, 1787.



(Click Image to Enlarge)