Is Your Collection Missing the Performing Arts Series?
Begun in 1978, the Performing Arts Series honored 12 notable American entertainers. Now you can own the complete set of 12 stamps in one convenient order. The stamps honor an interesting variety of talented Americans:
• Jimmie Rodgers – The “Father of Country Music”
• George M. Cohan – Known for his patriotic songs such as “Yankee Doodle Dandy”
• Will Rogers – Known as America’s cowboy philosopher
• W.C. Fields – Comedian, actor and juggler
• The Barrymores – The “royal family of Broadway” in the 1920s.
• Douglas Fairbanks – Known for his swashbuckling roles in silent films
• John McCormack – Beloved Irish tenor, part of a joint-issue with Ireland
• Jerome Kern – Composed over 1,000 songs and has been called the “King of the American Musical Stage.”
• Duke Ellington – Wrote more than 6,000 songs during his long career and has been called the greatest composer American society has ever produced
• Enrico Caruso – One of the greatest operatic tenors of all time
• Arturo Toscanini – Considered one of the greatest conductors of the 20th century
• Cole Porter – Composed some of America’s favorite musical comedies
The Performing Arts Series honors some of America’s most renowned entertainers. Add their creative contributions to your collection today. You’ll save time and money over ordering individual stamps.