Make Your Own First Day Covers
Unserviced Fleetwood Cacheted Envelopes Now Available!
What are unserviced First Day Covers?
They’re envelopes Fleetwood designed and produced to make First Day Covers. They have all the same special features as the serviced versions, but without the stamp and limited-edition First Day of Issue Postmark.
What will my unserviced First Day Covers look like?
The covers will have all the neat features that make Fleetwood covers stand out – specially designed cachets and fun history about the stamp subject on the back. They measure 3.625” x 6.5” and have an ungummed envelope flap on the back.
What can I do with unserviced First Day Covers?
One of the most common things to do with unserviced covers is to send them to USPS Stamp Fulfillment Services for First Day of Issue cancellations. (If you choose to do this, make sure it’s BEFORE the deadline listed below.)
What if I want to have my First Day Covers serviced?
The deadline to receive a Emilio Sanchez First Day of Issue postmark is October 8, 2021 (120 days after the issue date).
To order a First Day of Issue postmark by mail:
1) Purchase the new stamp at your local Post Office and affix to cover.
2) Address the cover to yourself or whoever you want to send it to.
3) Place cover inside a larger envelope with proper postage and address to:
FDOI – Emilio Sanchez
USPS Stamp Fulfillment Services
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 300
Kansas City, MO 64144-9900
4) The USPS will send the First Day Cover to you or the intended recipient through the mail.
5) To get an unaddressed First Day Cover, include a pre-paid addressed envelope inside your larger envelope with the cover. Then simply write a note with instructions to send the serviced First Day Cover back to you in that pre-paid envelope.