Complete 1945 Commemorative Year Set
Includes Stamps Honoring President Franklin D. Roosevelt
Contents: YS1945 (927-38) 12 Stamps
With one easy order, you can get all 12 commemorative stamps issued in 1945 – you’ll save time and money.
• Four issues in this set commemorate the death of stamp-collecting President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who successfully led America through both the Great Depression and World War II. One of these stamps pictures the President and the “Little White House.” As therapy following an attack of polio, Franklin Roosevelt swam in the warm mineral pools of Warm Springs, Georgia. In an effort to help polio victims afford treatment, Roosevelt bought the land surrounding the springs and established The Warm Springs Foundation. FDR died in 1945 as Allied Victory neared.
• When the 3¢ Iwo Jima stamp was first proposed, some people protested because it would picture living people – a violation of postal regulations. However, once it was issued, it became the most popular U.S. commemorative at that time. On its first day of issue, customers hoping to buy the stamp waited in lines that stretched around city blocks.
Set Also Commemorates:
• The 100th anniversary of Florida and Texas statehood
• The first United Nations Conference
• Alfred E. Smith
• U.S. Sailors, Army, Coast Guard who bravely served America during World War II.
You’ll enjoy the history of the complete 1945 Commemorative Year Set for years to come – order now.