Get the Complete 1957 Commemorative Year Set and Save
Contents: YS1957 (1086-99) 14 Stamps
With one convenient order, you can get all 14 commemorative stamps issued in 1957 – you’ll save time and money.
Year Set Stamp Highlights:
• Polio – Issued on the tenth anniversary of the March of Dimes, this stamp honors medical professionals – like Dr. Jonas Salk – who worked to eradicate Polio.
• Coast and Geodetic Survey – Issued on the 150th anniversary of the Coast and Geodetic Survey, which aids sailors and engineers by making contour maps.
• International Naval Review – Issued in conjunction with the International Naval Review, this stamp also commemorates the 350th anniversary of the Jamestown colony – the first permanent English settlement in the new world.
• American Flag – This stamp was the first issue using the U.S. Flag as the central design. It was also the first issue to be printed by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in its natural colors in one operation – with the new multicolor Giori press.
• Ramon Magsaysay – The son of a farmer, Magsaysay led Philippine guerrillas in their fight against Japanese invaders during World War II. He served as Philippine president from 1953 until his death in a plane crash in 1957. This issue is part of the Champions of Liberty Series.
• Wildlife Conservation – The whooping crane symbolized the need for protection on this fourth stamp in the wildlife conservation series. They began to die out during the 1800s when settlers disturbed their habitats.
Add the complete 1957 Year Set to your collection – order today.