International Peace Garden
On July 14, 1932, the International Peace Garden was dedicated, representing the peaceful relationship between the United States and Canada.
Dr. Henry Moore was a member of Canada’s National Association of Gardeners and attended meetings in both Canada and the US. He sought a way to honor the long, peaceful relationship between the two nations. Moore proposed the idea for a place “where the people of the two countries could share the glories found in a lovely garden and the pleasures found in warm friendships.”