At last, a philatelic reference book that combines expert commentary with extra-large full-color illustrations of the most desirable U.S. stamps. The 100 Greatest American Stamps is an elegant hardcover coffee-table edition – and the one volume you'll reach for time and time again for valuable information.
Chosen in a survey of expert dealers, collectors and philatelic writers, these noteworthy stamps represent America's rich heritage – and the very best of U.S. philately. Authors Janet Klug and Don Sundman go in depth to tell you each stamp's remarkable story, issue quantity, historic market values and more. You'll get a glimpse into the world's most valuable private collections – rare stamps most collectors can only dream of owning. You'll also discover the stamp that started a revolution, inexpensive commemoratives that capture the spirit of America and stamps that changed the course of history.
• More than 370 full-color stamps illustrated in high resolution – allowing you to see the finest stamp details.
• Issue quantities, current quantity estimates and historic market values help you trace market trends over time.
• The history of stamp collecting, famous collectors, intriguing stories and how stamps helped forge our nation.
• A private "viewing" of great rarities – including the legendary Alexandria Postmaster Provisional cover, the 1868 1¢ Z Grill and the Ice House cover – many that are rarely exhibited in public.
• Essays, proofs, medals, banknotes, vintage photographs and rare World Columbian Exposition watercolors enhance your enjoyment and offer historical perspective.
• The facts about expertising and grading – and why they're important in today's philatelic market.
Learn where your favorite stamp ranked – order The 100 Greatest U.S. Stamps today.